Monday, November 10, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - Nov 10

Last week went quite well. I made a few changes but overall I stuck to the plan. What a great relief to not worry about coming up with an idea for dinner every night. This week is not going to be anything fancy. How about you, are you going to play along this week? Come on, it will be fun! Link up here.

Monday - I am going out all morning, therefore I need something easy for dinner tonight. Hubby came home with hot dogs and buns last night. Sounds good to me. BBQ hot dogs and fruit salad, or for all you foodie types: Grilled bratwurst with crusty rolls and a beautiful medley of fall fruit with a simple sauce. Somehow presenting it that was seems to give it a bit of an elegant flair. I like it!

Tuesday - BBQ Chicken and Rice-a-Roni with steamed veggies. This is my hubby's request for a dinner this week. I am glad to send him out to man the BBQ for the meat portion of the meal. Fewer worries for me! The rice could not be easier to make, so I will have lots of time to play with Naomi while it is cooking.

Wednesday - It's our lucky day. We are invited to my parents house for dinner. I don't know what we are having, but I know we will enjoy every bite. I bet you're a little jealous. Two weeks in a row with an invite for dinner. I could get used to this.

Thursday - Steak and Boy Scout Potatoes. Again, this is cooked entirely on the BBQ! This is shaping up to be an easy week for me! For those of you who don't know Boy Scout Potatoes are: chopped up potatoes, onions, and canned corn all wrapped in tin foil with a bit of seasoning and olive oil. Then baked on the BBQ while the steaks bake. Yum! I think I might do my part in the kitchen and warm up a store bought garlic bread. Yeah, I know, I have it rough!

Friday - Shredded slow cooker chicken and pasta. This tasty and simple dinner is the perfect finish for this week. I'll put the chicken in the slow cooker around lunch and it will be perfect by the time dinner rolls around. The chicken has a delicious sauce and is a perfect accompaniment to pasta.

I hope your week is as delicious as mine. Don't forget to leave and comment and play along if you want. Have a great week!

No comments:

"To laugh often and much, to win
the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false
friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, or a garden patch... to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This
is to have succeeded!" - Emerson