Saturday, August 30, 2008
At the playground there is a HUGE slide. Naomi kept wanting to climb up the ladder, but I was so nervous that she would slip and fall down. I tried to distract her with the other playground options but she kept running straight to the big slide. Finally Ron took her down the side. I was SO nervous as they were climbing up, but as you can see everything was fine. I guess I will never stop being the over protective and paranoid Mom.
On Sunday morning we packed up and headed home. Naomi was so tuckered from all the excitement that she didn't even stay awake until we were on the freeway, and she slept all the way home.
Opa came by to play with Naomi while we were working. Her favorite part of the day was a "horsey ride" with Opa. She didn't want to get off. Poor Opa, his arms and knees were starting to get sore, (but don't feel to sorry for him, I know he loved every minute with his special girl).
It was a long day filled with a lot of work, but I know it will be worth it when I can go the pantry on a cold winters day and crack open a spicy jar of salsa to enjoy with some corn chips.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
On Friday night we headed out to Coal Harbour for a dinner cruise. It was beautiful to see Vancouver from the water. I would highly recommend this as a romantic evening to celebrate a special occasion. The views were incredible as we cruised past Stanley Park, Vanier Park, and Grandville Island. We even saw the future athletes village for the 2010 Olympics as we arrived at False Creek. Then the ship turned around and we sailed back the way we had come. The return trip was also beautiful, with a sunset into the mountains and then all the lights of the city. We enjoyed it so much we might go again soon.
The weekend just kept getting better. Saturday morning we drove down to the Seattle Premium Outlets and did some shopping. Ron spoiled me and I got a bunch of new summer clothes and a new pair of running shoes. Then we settled into our hotel and went out for dinner at the Outback Steakhouse. Yummy! Although we had a great dinner we still had some room for dessert, so we stopped at Coldstone Creamery. This truly is the ultimate ice cream experience. Think of it like Subway, but with ice cream. You pick your flavor and your mix ins. We shared a berry cheesecake! It was so delicious!
On Sunday we drove down to Seattle for a Mariners game. It was so fun to be at the stadium and experience a ball game first hand, even thought Seattle got smoked 11-1 by Tampa Bay. We had seats in the center field bleachers, but found great seats along the first base line on the lower deck. Since this was our first ball game we decided to go all out for the "baseball experience". We shared a foot long hot dog and even got some crackerjacks.
Unfortunately all good things have to come to an end and we reluctanly had to head back home. Our reluctantce didn't last long since we were coming home to this precious girl who stayed at her Oma and Opas for the weekend.
Saturday, August 09, 2008
Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
Bless those who persecute you, bless and do not curse. Rejoice with hose who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another.
Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Romans 12:9-18 (our wedding passage)
Thursday, August 07, 2008
As we were preparing for our wedding 5 years ago, our pastor asked us to write out 10 reasons why we wanted to be married. I came across this list the other day and as I read it I realized that each and every reason is still why I love being married to Ron.
1) I know that God has put him into my life for a very special reason.
2) He is my best friend. He has been my comfort, joy, support, and my loving friend.
3) He is very good looking. I love the color of his eyes, the warmth of his smile, and the safety that I feel while I am in his arms.
4) He treats me like a Princess. He is very concerned about my feelings, needs, and wants. He takes such good care of me.
5) He loves Jesus. He encourages me to seek after God. He is a committed Christian man.
6) He makes me laugh. He laughs at my silliness and is silly sometimes too. He can take a good joke.
7) He is a hard worker. He will always work hard to get a job done, or to support us.
8) He is always real and honest with me. He cannot and will not lie to me or keep secrets from me.
9) He always encourages me. He helps me see things about myself that are good. He reminds me of my beauty especially when I lose sight of it.
10) I LOVE HIM! When words, actions, and touch can no longer explain it comes down to the fact that he has touched my very soul. He has made and impression on my heart that will never go away. I am forever changed because I love him, and because he loves me. I cannot imagine life without him.
"To laugh often and much, to win
the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false
friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, or a garden patch... to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This
is to have succeeded!" - Emerson