Thursday, August 07, 2008
10 Reasons why I STILL want to be married.
As we were preparing for our wedding 5 years ago, our pastor asked us to write out 10 reasons why we wanted to be married. I came across this list the other day and as I read it I realized that each and every reason is still why I love being married to Ron.
1) I know that God has put him into my life for a very special reason.
2) He is my best friend. He has been my comfort, joy, support, and my loving friend.
3) He is very good looking. I love the color of his eyes, the warmth of his smile, and the safety that I feel while I am in his arms.
4) He treats me like a Princess. He is very concerned about my feelings, needs, and wants. He takes such good care of me.
5) He loves Jesus. He encourages me to seek after God. He is a committed Christian man.
6) He makes me laugh. He laughs at my silliness and is silly sometimes too. He can take a good joke.
7) He is a hard worker. He will always work hard to get a job done, or to support us.
8) He is always real and honest with me. He cannot and will not lie to me or keep secrets from me.
9) He always encourages me. He helps me see things about myself that are good. He reminds me of my beauty especially when I lose sight of it.
10) I LOVE HIM! When words, actions, and touch can no longer explain it comes down to the fact that he has touched my very soul. He has made and impression on my heart that will never go away. I am forever changed because I love him, and because he loves me. I cannot imagine life without him.
"To laugh often and much, to win
the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false
friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, or a garden patch... to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This
is to have succeeded!" - Emerson