Thursday, January 04, 2007

I failed.....

Well I have officially resigned myself to the fact that the remainder of this pregnancy will not be as easy as it has been so far. The doctor called and told me that I have gestational diabetes. That's right folks I failed my sugar test last week. This is a huge change for me. Goodbye sweet treats and chocolate... oh how I will miss you!!! I am going to the MSA diabetic clinic next week to meet with the dietitian and to get some more information about what I can and cannot eat. Then on the 17th I go in to see my doctor again.
I had read a lot about healthy eating during pregnancy, however it was too easy to justify all the little treats I was eating. If you cant spoil yourself while your pregnant when can you? But alas it has all come to an end. My consolation is that the Christmas season is over and all the rich foods are gone. It seems that everyone vows to eat healthier in the New Year and now I have a great reason to join them. It has not been as difficult as I expected it to be so far. I guess I have more will power than I thought. It does not seem like a hard decison to choose between a piece of chocolate or delivering a healthy baby. I would do anything for our little "bean".

"Bean" is my new nickname for our baby. It is always jumping around and so I started referring to it as the "Jumping bean". It also comes in handy because we do not know the sex of the baby and I really dont like calling our baby "it"
The other day I was relaxing on the couch and I started talking to our baby. I said "Hi Bean, I love you" and then I felt him/her kick. "I love you and your daddy loves you" Kick,Kick, "And your Omas and Opas love you" Kick. "And your aunties and your uncles love you too" Kick Kick. I was so neat because it really seemed like "Bean" was responding to what I was saying. I love feeling our baby move inside me. It is the most amazing feeling in the world!
I will post a new picture of my ever expanding belly soon, Wow 29 weeks I can hardly beleive it!

1 comment:

Lori said...

hope everything works out in the whole sweet ban, i'm sure it will...all the best!

"To laugh often and much, to win
the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false
friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, or a garden patch... to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This
is to have succeeded!" - Emerson