Thursday, December 18, 2008

Belly Picture - Week 17


This picture was taken last week. I am definitely bigger than I was at this time with Naomi, but I keep reminding myself that second babies show faster than first ones. Right? Please tell me that this is true.
I am feeling better these days. The sickness has thankfully subsided, and my appetite is coming back. I heard the baby's heartbeat at my doctors appointment at 16 weeks. What a wonderful sound! It always makes the pregnancy seem more real and is so reassuring to know that everything is well with our newest little one.
We have an ultrasound scheduled for early in the new year so I will put up some pictures of Baby Klassen #2 then.

Here is an update on how baby is doing from the website called
Pregnancy Week by Week
By 17 weeks pregnant your bean may be up to 4.8 inches in length and may weigh more than 3.5 ounces! Most babies are the size of a large apple by pregnancy week 17! During pregnancy week 17 your baby concerns herself with swimming gleefully about her home. As you continue your pregnancy week by week your baby will start converting her cartilage skeleton into bone. This will require ample calcium consumption on mom's part. By pregnancy at 17 weeks most babies can hear outside of the womb. Now is a good time to start reading to your baby or putting on nice, soothing music during the day.
You baby will start putting on a little fat in the upcoming weeks, though your baby will do most of her bulking up during the last few weeks of pregnancy.

No comments:

"To laugh often and much, to win
the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false
friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, or a garden patch... to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This
is to have succeeded!" - Emerson