Friday, September 12, 2008

18 Months Old

It's time for another update on Naomi. Today is her 18 month birthday. She has been the most amazing baby we could ever have asked for. God knew exactly what He was doing when He blessed our lives with this amazing little girl. Our beautiful Naomi Grace.

When I look at her now, it is undeniable that my baby is slipping away and a feisty little toddler is blossoming in her place.



We are SO proud of her!

Here vocabulary is growing every day. She seems to learn new words and signs all the time. So far she can say: Mama, Dada, Doggy, Hi, Yup, No, home, UhOh, Delicious, Yum, Up, all done, Oma, Opa, Ivory (my parents dog), cheese (when smiling for the camera), and juice.
Her repertoire of signs has expanded too. She can sign please, more, milk, bird, bath, all done, blowing kisses, and waving.
Last time we weighed her she was 30 pounds but she may be more by now. She is wearing size 2 clothes, but most of her pants are still to long.

My precious little girl. I love you more than you will ever know. I am so proud to be your Mama. Every time I look at you my heart fills with pride and joy. I love watching you discover the world around you, as you challenge yourself to learn new skills. I am learning to let you try new things, even though I am nervous that you will fall and get hurt. I always want to be there to catch you, but I know that you have to learn some things on your own. Naomi, I wish that I could be there to prevent every "owie", but I know it's impossible. I am learning to trust God to keep you safe, and He has been faithful.
My prayer for you my girl is that you will continue to grow and experience the world, and that you would embrace your God given uniqueness. I love you and will always be your biggest fan. Go and conquor the world darling, I will always be behind you cheering you on.

No comments:

"To laugh often and much, to win
the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false
friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, or a garden patch... to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This
is to have succeeded!" - Emerson