Monday, March 24, 2008

Transitions


Naomi's first birthday brought with it some new roles for all of us
I enjoyed my year off with her immensely and wouldn't trade it for anything. However, reality reared its ugly head and I knew it was time to figure out a way to bring some money into the house. (I had not been getting any Mat leave due to not working enough hours in the last year while I was in school).
Ron works so hard and his paycheck covers all the needs with a little to spare, but the wants are a different story.
We started to feel the financial pressure of upcoming Property Tax and holiday plans for the summer, and realized that something had to be done
Ron and I prayed about it and waited for God's timing to bring me the right job, at the right time, with the right pay.
At the beginning of February my friend called me and asked me if I would be interested in a 7 week contract position at her place of work during Tax Season. Ron and I talked about ti and we decided that it would be a good fit. We prayed that we would find someone to watch Naomi and that the pay would be good enough to offset the cost of childcare and gas.
After interviewing and getting the details, I accepted that job and started on March 10.
It was hard to leave Naomi on my first day, but she did so well for Victoria (our nanny and dear friend) that I had nothing to worry about. What a big girl we have!
My job is great! I work mainly by myself. I get to work at my own pace and I don't always have someone looking over my shoulder. The only downside is that I have to commute to 200th street. It sure takes up a large chunk of my day to drive. I get up at 6:00 and I don't get back until 5:45.
Thankfully, my wonderful husband gets home at 3:00 and starts dinner. What a great man! So when I get home all I have to do is sit down at the table and enjoy a nice meal (sounds like a role reversal from the '50's)

1 comment:

Alanna Latham said...

That's so awesome that you found something that works so well for you. I'm definitely nervous about trying to find something that's going to work for me and then juggling all our schedules around it!

"To laugh often and much, to win
the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false
friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, or a garden patch... to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This
is to have succeeded!" - Emerson