Monday, December 03, 2007

Tag! I'm It.

I've been tagged for my very first meme! Thanks Debbie. (I don't know how to link, so click on her name on the right)

Here it is: Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. I had my appendix taken out when I was 4 years old. I still remember being wheeled through the doors into the OR and looking up at the doctor before he put the mask on my face to knock me out.

2. I have a very specific way that I like my toast. a)It has to be spread RIGHT after is comes out of the toaster, if it cools down a little I will put new slices in the toaster. (Thankfully Ron doesn't mind eating cooled toast) b) The peaunt butter and jam MUST reach all the edges. A few weeks ago Ron made some toast for me (so sweet), but I had to go back into the kitchen and get a bit more jam so that it reached the edges.

3. I like popping zits. Gross, I know, but I can't help myself.

4. I started walking when I was 9 months old, and I never crawled before that. My
Dad taught me to crawl after I was walking already. I wonder if Naomi will be the same.

5. I love singing along to the radio. I can sing along to almost any song soon after hearing it. The only problem is that I can never remember what the song is called or who sings it, even if I have heard the song a hundred times. This drives me crazy since I can never request a song or win any contest by naming the artist!

6. I have had a few names in my life. Before I was born my Dad wanted to name me Jennifer. I guess he lost that argument because they named me something else :). I spent the first years of my life with a name beginning with E. Then when I went to school my parents decided to change it and enrol me with the name that I now go by "Raine". Go figure. Needless to say this caused some confusion with my Grandparents and members of my extended family. So, I still respond to "E", especially if it comes from my Opa Born.

7. I used to have an imaginary friend named, Rolly. I was four years old by the time my brother came along, so I had to come up with a playmate for myself. He was everything from my son or husband when we were playing house to a student in my classroom, to my best friend. I love that my Dad has a video of me playing with Rolly in our basement. It is priceless.

So now you know 7 random/weird things about me. I want to hear from you... the trouble is I don't know who to tag.. hmmm
Well, as Debbie said, Lurkers this is your chance to DELURK!
I would love to hear your 7 random facts. I tag all my lurkers! So, leave a comment and do the Meme on your blog!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I like to pop zits, too! Unfortunately, I often try to pop things that aren't zits, like birth marks. haha! It's a compulsion.

I remember getting wheeled to the OR too. I was 16, but I got all emotional and had to fight tears when my entire extended family showed up! It felt like they were saying good bye or something! Scary stuff. :)

PS: What was the E name?

"To laugh often and much, to win
the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false
friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, or a garden patch... to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This
is to have succeeded!" - Emerson