Friday, November 02, 2007

Sleeping Beauty


It is amazing what a good night sleep does for my perspective on life! This morning I woke up to Naomi crying in her crib and rolled over to look at the clock as usual, however I was pleasantly surprise to see that it was 7AM! YAY!
Sleep has been a HUGE issue in our house lately. It has been MONTHS since Naomi slept through the night. She has been up at least 2 times every night to nurse. This was especially frustrating since she was sleeping all night when she was only 8 weeks old! When she was up at night, we tried to let her cry it out, but she just got histarical and totally woke herself up even more. Then it would take even longer to calm her down! I would finaly just cave in a nurse her when she was up at night. I knew that this was just reinforcing her getting up, but at 2 and 5 AM I just didn't care!

Since Naomi has been on strike and taking formula supplements she seems to be sleeping better. I guess she was really getting hungry at night when she was only nursing. The first night of the strike she was only up once, however it was for over an hour! The second night she was up once, but only for 20 mins. Last night she slept straight through!
I can't begin to express how wonderful if feels to have uninterrupted sleep. I thought that I was going to go crazy these last few months. There were days that I could not even think straight. I was so tired that I couldn't even enjoy playing with Naomi. Yesterday and today have been awesome. I am not just a food source, but also a playmate. We have been having so much fun!
She has been so smiley and happy lately as well. It must be the combination of good sleep and finally feeling full because of the formula. She is babbling and laughing at the silliest things. I am enjoying her so much more, I didn't even know it was possible.

No comments:

"To laugh often and much, to win
the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false
friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, or a garden patch... to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This
is to have succeeded!" - Emerson