Monday, March 05, 2007

37 weeks


I know that it has been far to long since my last post. so much has been going on I don't know if I will be able to write about all of it this time.
I have finished working. I did not want to stop so soon however the doctor was concerned about my blood pressure and therefore advised me to stop working imediately. I am supposed to rest each afternoon for a few hours with my feet up because my blood pressure seems to be better when I am reclined. I had really hoped to continue part time until just before the baby is due however I must say that being at home has proven to be quite a nice change.
The nursery is comming along very nicely. I can't wait to put up the finishing touches. I think that it has turned out great. I will post some picutures when it is all done.
Last Tuesday we had another ultrasound to determine the weight of the baby and to make sure that s/he has been developing properly. The good news is that everything looks healthy and the amniotic levels are good. The concern is that the baby is already weighing in at 8.5-9.5 pounds with 3 weeks to go. At my doctors appointment the next day I asked if an early induction would be possible. My doctor said that it might be best to do it early. Usually size is not a good enough reason to induce early, however because of my Gestational Diabetes and blood pressure issues they may induce as early as 38 weeks! Yikes! The 38 week mark is 2 days from now! Wow! So I will try to keep you posted! We may be parents as early as this weekend! Ahhh!

No comments:

"To laugh often and much, to win
the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false
friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, or a garden patch... to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This
is to have succeeded!" - Emerson